Mysterious disappearance.never thought it would happen to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
True, it is just a guppy, and a very small one so it would be easy to lose, but still! I put a smaller hob filter on the 20 gal (The canister was not working out) And the guppies were very happy with the waterfall it creates. So happy that one of them kept swimming up the "water fall" into where the media is. I scooped him out of there twice last night. This morning I found that there was just one guppy in the tank instead of three. Naturally I go and look in the filter first thing. One of the guppies was in there. The other missing one, I have no idea. I took the filter apart down to the impeller. I can not find him. I am wondering if he some how jumped completely out of the tank and my cats got him 8O

lol i lost a fish one time. he dug his own grave. it was a small cichlid and i think he was digging a small hiding spot under a rock and the rock collapsed on him but i never noticed it becase it was near the back of the tank. well i ripped the tank down about a month later and saw his bones floating around after i mixed up the sand. i was sad but things happen. hope u find yours though. good luck

Meredith it is quite possible. The guppy getting out would certainly catch the cats attention, it happened to me with a dojo loach.

Back
Top Bottom