Need anything else??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbk.o4

Aquarium Advice Freak
so ive decided on a 55g at my lfs that has the tank, hood, sedona stand in a cherry wood finish. but at the same store and everywhere else i was lookin the rena xp3 was well over 100$ and is only 99.99$ at bigals so im going to get it from there.. http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=17652, i just wanted to know what all comes in there...and if i need anything else before i make my order? (anything else as in tubing or filter media stuff like that)

Also is that one filter going to be enough for my tank? i plan on going planted with a pool filter sand and that eco substrate.

Nope. The filter will come with everything you need. It's also a snap to set up.

Good luck with the new tank.

Well, if you are looking for other forms of media besides the foam pads and the chemzorb or whatever that pouch was you need to buy it. I bought ceramic rings and a some of the stars for mine. You could always use bioballs or whatever you would want too.

ive read on here that the filter doesnt need to be stronger for a planted tank becuase the plants make themselves a biofilter and is this your first tank?

no i dont have the heater and things liek that yet, i was just making sure that the filter came with all that was needed to set up right out of the box, im still lookin for a heater and digital thermometer, im going to add the test kit too

also i was wondering if i need API stress coat and stress zyme?

anything else you all think i might need?

EDIT: yes this is my first big tank, i had tanks when i was kid but my first tank in like 12 years.

I would get Prime for a dechlor. The stress zyme is a waste of money IMO. It does nothing but take money out of your pocket. A python would be a good idea with that size tank. It will make your life much easier.

yeah i thought the python was a good idea too...30% change with a normal gravel sucker didnt seem like too much fun.

any suggestions on heaters?

also there is a guy in northern indy selling a jet streamed tank...i dont really know what that means...here it is, seems like a good deal to me, since the one from my lfs is like 109 in the setup i want, i would get this one to save 20 bucks.

there is no shipping, i have to go pick it up, it is only like 35-45 minutes away.

EDIT:

so no heater suggestions??

here in my situation on the heat thing, at times my room is seriously about 50-55 degrees...then it can get up to about 75-78 in the morning...i always leave my window open (yes winter and all) and in the mornings the sun BEAMS through my tall double wide half moon topped window in my room and heats it up like non other. it isnt that the sunlight gets in, just he heat from the sun, and the blinds i have in my room blocks out most sunlight but keeps the heat in....so idk if this will be a major issue for my tank...

im lookin to get my heater and python and filter and everything either tonight or tomorrow from bigals. then prolly next weekend get my tank and everything..

If I were you and you were going with the canister filter, i'd get the hydor inline heater. they are great. I have one. They are about $40 but my temps never fluctuate at all.. and then it is out of the display tank too!!. Oh yeah.. get teh 300 watt. that is the correct ID hose for the XP3..

um. thanks. ordered one last night :p lol

well actually two nights ago but they were in backorder so i reordered again last night from a different company. but im glad to hear i made a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom