Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polaris_Rider

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i have one of those small bowls with some goldfish in it but the goldfish are acting wierd all of them are at the top of the tank and it looks like they are gasping for air? and one already died is there something wrong they only been in there for a few hours.

And i have a 55gal tank with two oscars in it with one big pleco and they are doing great i just wanted to know is there anything special i could feed to the pleco i heard someone say they feed zucchini? is this right and what about the oscars is there anything for them?

Erm, I hope you're not saying that you aren't feeding them anything yet?
How many goldfish are in the bowl and about how small is it? Like 1/2 gal, 1 gal?
What are the water parameters, you should get a test kit if you do not have one already.

Plecos will eat vegetables but I mostly just give mine algae wafers and shrimp pellets. I've never owned any oscars and haven't read too much about them but I know there are some cichlid sticks that float that they eat.

Well I know they are called goldfish bowls, but from what I understand, they should not be kept in bowls at all. If you can get them out of the bowl and into a larger tank/container with a filter I would say this would be beneficial for them. For the moment though, give them some fresh water in that bowl. Do a water change say 50%.

The plec would enjoy some algae wafers, also zucchini, cucumber, broccoli.

VEGGIES
The goldies need a tank, just like the oscars and pleco. 10 gallons per goldie is the general rule due to their messy eating and high oxygen use.

Back
Top Bottom