Need info?!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you think? Do I need dif gravel? Decor? Please love advice?!!! It's a 29 gal

Attachments

• image-3358655760.jpg
    image-3358655760.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1968736755.jpg
    image-1968736755.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 53
I would change to live plants, it brings on an essence to the tank that fake plants just cant bring. ( im more of a naturalist, so if it were me i would change to natural colored gravel or sand and take out the decor, but some people like stuff like that)

Thanks!? Show me your tanks for ideas!

Oh I do have a live plant ! I have a moss ball

I am also a fan if the natural substrate. I never had a lot of luck with live plants so i do try to get the most natural looking fake plants. Here they are:
75 gal, 55 ga, 29gal last two are 10gals

image-3542870838.jpg

^ my 55g planted

image-253612430.jpg

^ my 30 g angelfish tank

image-10974273.jpg

^ 16 g community

( also have a 10 g beta tank bit i don't have a decent pic)

To the OP:

I had that EXACT color and type of gravel in my last 60 gallon goldfish setup (did you get it at Petsmart and was it the "Top Fin" house brand of blue gravel?)...we did a "pirate shipwreck" theme, which would go good with the "pirate barrel" decor you have in there now...I also had similar plastic plants like yours...

I am in the midst of re-setting up our 60 gallon (after it was wiped out by a bacterial infection) and decided to go with a more "natural" theme, adding a large "tree stump" decoration to the left, natural-colored gravel, etc...we're also trying to incorporate an "Asian" theme with this, being that we're goldfish fanatics, but it's been real hard; since the tank is cycling, we're doing the decorating in very small stages (for budgetary reasons too)...

If you want to keep what you have, drop in a cool-looking shipwreck ornament and perhaps a small skull with the pirate hat on; I think it would go good with your theme.

Here's my 55

View attachment 105185

View attachment 105186

And here are the shells I have in my 10

View attachment 105184

Calfish,

I wanted to comment that I LOVE your "Asian"-esque layout -- beautiful, and something we were looking to do in our tank as well because we're going to house fancy goldfish; right now, we have the natural substrate (beige/light brown rocks and stones from Petsmart) and a tree stump decoration off to the left, with tall plastic plants behind it and a "Chinese gazebo" piece on the right side of the tank with a "Japanese garden" leading up to it made of pieces of Marineland's "plant mat"...hard to describe, but I will try and provide pics as soon as I can. We have run into a wall with what to do next with decorating this tank and I'm beginning to wonder if the Asian theme is going to mix with the natural theme...

We were going to do that dragon statue you have as well, but decided to go with more natural decor; any suggestions?

I kinda copied the pic that petsmart has for their 55 here was my inspiration. I have this exact tank and stand.

image-1213573762.jpg

I kinda copied the pic that petsmart has for their 55 here was my inspiration. I have this exact tank and stand.

View attachment 105218

Oh yeah -- I THOUGHT I saw that tank layout somewhere!!

This would actually be really cool for our goldfish community, but I don't know if that bridge would work as we already have a Chinese gazebo decoration off to the right...

I always go with the natural look and real plants. Silk plants can be lifelike as well. I have switched t sand for my substrate and enjoy the look. I also agree that you need a theme. If you light the bright colors then go for it! colored LED lights with bubblers are always cool. The can be round or in strips and you can use them to highlight a special plants specimen etc.
Good Luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom