Need Some Expert Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is kinda early as the project woukdnt happen for a couple of months at least but research is good right?
So backstory:
I have a 25 gallon tall I am trying to make a biodiverse nano dirted tank out of (I have a buried build thread wih no followers)
I also have a 36 gallon bowfront that is for my leaffish mostly.
In short I am considering switching tanks.

So what I need is help with the 36. Stocking ideas and sugestions on the dirted thing and lighting.

I work alot so low light low maintance is the name of the game but I want a jungle. No ferts or co2 or liquid carbon. I also like the color of the current usa plus on full spec but it is 6 inches short. What should I get?

What is the best way to dirt a main display tank? It is in the living room and must look nice.

Stocking wise I was thinking:
15 neon tetras (hiw do I avoid the dreaded ntd?)
6ish scarlet badis
10 ottos
Lots of rcs, mts, ramshorn, assassin snails, limpets, and thai micro crabs
Possibly a nice school of pygmy cories. I would either be using plain gravel or he fine grade ecocomplete as a cap for the dirt so I dont know that they would like that.

So thoughts or suggestions? I figure that puts me about fully stocked.

Thanks and God bless!

This is kinda early as the project woukdnt happen for a couple of months at least but research is good right?
So backstory:
I have a 25 gallon tall I am trying to make a biodiverse nano dirted tank out of (I have a buried build thread wih no followers)
I also have a 36 gallon bowfront that is for my leaffish mostly.
In short I am considering switching tanks.

So what I need is help with the 36. Stocking ideas and sugestions on the dirted thing and lighting.

I work alot so low light low maintance is the name of the game but I want a jungle. No ferts or co2 or liquid carbon. I also like the color of the current usa plus on full spec but it is 6 inches short. What should I get?

What is the best way to dirt a main display tank? It is in the living room and must look nice.

Stocking wise I was thinking:
15 neon tetras (hiw do I avoid the dreaded ntd?)
6ish scarlet badis
10 ottos
Lots of rcs, mts, ramshorn, assassin snails, limpets, and thai micro crabs
Possibly a nice school of pygmy cories. I would either be using plain gravel or he fine grade ecocomplete as a cap for the dirt so I dont know that they would like that.

So thoughts or suggestions? I figure that puts me about fully stocked.

Thanks and God bless!
Yall buried me fast!

Back
Top Bottom