need some ideas on adding stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjacks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so im in the process of moving my african cichlids to a 125g n i want to put something different in my 55g i have a 20g h that im moving all fish to the 55g what can i add with them ..
Im gonna add black sand , java moss , 1 penguin 200 (currently have running) , then adding another filter not sure what but im replacing the top fin 60 i currently have as it is to loud.. i also have a spare powerhead i could add if needed.

Currently have

4 bronze cories
2 albino cories (wanna add atleast 2 more)
4 otos
1 sunset honey gourami (female i think)

Ok i wanted angels but im not sure they will go with my gourami so i would like to do mayb some type of danios or barbs in a big group or mayb a medium group of both.. i also would like to increase my cories i have possibly to 6 n add atleast another group of 6 peppered or panda cories (they are my fav in the tank)

I have 4 angels and three gouramis. They get along just fine, took a few days for the Blue(blue gourami) to warm up tp them.

Edit: forgot to add i also have 5 congo tetras, danios are the same when it comes to feeding, they grab the food real quick so the angel fish will get a little aggressive tords them. If you do get angel and danios feed them at different part of the tank

Sounds good.. im so lost at what to do with this tank.. i jave lots of ideas just not sure of it will all work.. i would luv some barbs mayb green or gold ones like 10 or so n not sure about how many angels .. i want a active tank.. my tank now is active with only the cories and otos but i want more areas covered

Having trouble finding black sand but might have found some black diamond blasting sand locally.. if so im grabbing it today n might just go look n see what i like as far as barbs n what not .. to add to my tank.. how many angels could i have ?

I got my sand gonna clean it and add it tomorrow.. saw some beautiful nickel sized angels and really was hard walking away without them bc we picked like 5 that we wanted.. i just have to be patient.. we really dont wanna breed them but if it happens it happens i just need to know how many is a good choice to add 1-5 or what exactly ?

Sounds good.. im so lost at what to do with this tank.. i jave lots of ideas just not sure of it will all work.. i would luv some barbs mayb green or gold ones like 10 or so n not sure about how many angels .. i want a active tank.. my tank now is active with only the cories and otos but i want more areas covered

Get rosy barbs. At my SUPER overpriced store I got them for 4$ each. They get pretty big and I've never seen them not moving!

Yea..well i guess i got it lol all i need to do now is kinda check my stocking with aqadvisor.com , which i know isnt 100% accurate n figure out how many angels..

I think i want
8 rosy barbs
6 bronze cories
6 albino cories
6 otos
?? Angels
Edit: totally forgot to add my honey gourami.. poor thing i keep forgetting her

Mayb some mystery snails (to use as snacks for my blue lobster well crayfish ill be getting ).

Yea..well i guess i got it lol all i need to do now is kinda check my stocking with aqadvisor.com , which i know isnt 100% accurate n figure out how many angels..

I think i want
8 rosy barbs
6 bronze cories
6 albino cories
6 otos
?? Angels
Edit: totally forgot to add my honey gourami.. poor thing i keep forgetting her

Mayb some mystery snails (to use as snacks for my blue lobster well crayfish ill be getting ).

Is go with 2 angels:)

Two think i ever seen issue with two females. Two males going to be 50/50. Just ask your lfs for one male.and one female. If they cant tell. Do a little research to tell the sex of them. Will be a little hard if they are young

Two think i ever seen issue with two females. Two males going to be 50/50. Just ask your lfs for one male.and one female. If they cant tell. Do a little research to tell the sex of them. Will be a little hard if they are young

Lol. I like the guy at my LFS. As my mom says "he grabs em flips em over and spreads their legs!

He checks their breeding tubes if he doesn't know

Im gonna start gettin my tank uo nbrunning again this week then get my cycling started up again. Which i have some media frombanother tank i can put with it and get the ball rolling..im might not get any tetras or barbs an just do add the angels with my current stock ..

Back
Top Bottom