need suggestions for my 55 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ADORE my turquoise rainbows. I also got my hands on some albinos, and I love the color contrast. GBR would be good, they are kinder than my Bolivians. I would stay away from cardinals, because I had them but they were so freaked by the quick movement of the rainbows that they just hid all the time. I went with danios after and they are great!

Anybody know if I could try a discus? I guess maybe not with the angel, but if I didn't have the angel... or are Discus one if those that needs a group? I've always been kind of interested in Discus but too intimidated to try them. It was just a thought.

I don't mind too much. I usually only go out that way when I need to go to lake uniform and I do need some new uniforms so it wouldn't be a waisted trip.

Oh my kids dentist is in mt.dora also so next dental appointment I could stop by haha.

Or I could try animal world pet center... (insert eye rolling smiley here).

you could do discus but then no angels and no rams. they are fragile, but also rewarding fish. you could do discus and cardinals though! they look great together and they both thrive in soft slightly acidic water

Oh my kids dentist is in mt.dora also so next dental appointment I could stop by haha.

Or I could try animal world pet center... (insert eye rolling smiley here).

After the new owners bought it it went down hill I ordered some fish from them and the day before my fish were supposed to come in they closed down. Poor animals I went by there everyday for a week and didn't see any sign of anyone being there. I hope none died.

After the new owners bought it it went down hill I ordered some fish from them and the day before my fish were supposed to come in they closed down. Poor animals I went by there everyday for a week and didn't see any sign of anyone being there. I hope none died.

Oh I had no idea it closed, it was always gross and smelly in there, never bought anything there.

you could do discus but then no angels and no rams. they are fragile, but also rewarding fish. you could do discus and cardinals though! they look great together and they both thrive in soft slightly acidic water

Supposing I rehome the angel, could discus cohabitate with my current rainbowfish? How many discus could my tank support? Like I said, its just a thought.

Scratch the discus idea. They need soft acidic water and my water is hard and slightly alkaline. I'd have to use rodi water and buffer it, no thanks....

Oh I had no idea it closed, it was always gross and smelly in there, never bought anything there.

I knew the old owner she could get awesome fish but I would be there to receive them as soon as they came in so they would never have to touch there tanks. LoL

I knew the old owner she could get awesome fish but I would be there to receive them as soon as they came in so they would never have to touch there tanks. LoL

Very smart. Years ago used to go to leeseburg pet center when the big guy was the manager, I would go on delivery day and pick them straight out of the bag. The new management wouldn't let me do that. They said I had to wait for them to accimilate. Ever since they lost the big guy as the manager customer service has gone waaaay down at that place.

Very smart. Years ago used to go to leeseburg pet center when the big guy was the manager, I would go on delivery day and pick them straight out of the bag. The new management wouldn't let me do that. They said I had to wait for them to accimilate. Ever since they lost the big guy as the manager customer service has gone waaaay down at that place.

That's what I did when my rummynose came in and what ill b doing when my panda corys come in tomorrow sucks there the only place around.

Back
Top Bottom