Need urgent help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PleaseHelp

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i have 3 gallon shrimp makeshift shrimp tank with 2 plants and 4 shrimp ( i put it together when i realized how small they were after i got them in the mail, im growing them in here so they are not lunch.) I have no heater for them and it's 70 degrees in the tank and it is decreasing by about a degree an hour. The air conditionar is on and it is summer in ohio, but chilly in my house because of the ac. How can i heat them without a heater? Do i switch my 50 gal heater with the 3 gal? That seems impractical, and i am outside a lot in summer, i don't want to do that with my fish for a month until they are adults! How do i heat up the water without a filter? :thanks:

I would run to my nearest PETCO, grab a mini heater and stick it in there. They usually run for around $15 at PETCO. There really is not any way to heat water except for using light, but you would either need to pit it in direct sunlight by a window or buy a heat lamp. I would personally buy the mini heater. I like the idea of growing the shrimp in that 3 gallon until they are big, seems like you are doing everything right. If you have them right next to the AC, then I would move them because that probably isn't helping either.

How cool do you keep your house? We keep our AC set at 78 degrees, which is fine for tropical fish and shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom