New 46 gallon bowfront what to stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moncrief2315

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. I just picked up a 46 gallon bowfront from a friend who hasent had fish in it for two years just water and the old filter and media how long would i need to cycle it for. And what kind of fish could i stock. I like big aggressive fish. Thanks

That could be for starter "big" fish in that size tank not really a good size for grown up "big" fish.

Cichlids can be aggressive, they aren't really my knowledge base. All the aggressive big fish I think of are really too big for a 46G when mature. More like the 100-180G size.

Are you thinking group of fish, singular or pair of fish?

I’m unfamiliar with the footprint of that tank, but you could probably get s couple of keyhole cichlids Kribensis or apistogramma, they are not nearly as big as their cousins but they are still stunning and you get to have some nice dither fish as well

After doing more research i think a pair of some kind or maybe african chiclids. My 10 month old son loves looking at fish. So something he could see

Either a pair or something cool for my 10 month old to look at like africian chiclids. He has a 25 gallon glo fish so i thought maybe a little bit bigger fish in my 46 gallon

Back
Top Bottom