New 75 gallon tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmnddog02

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm planning on getting a 75 gal tank in the next month or two but am torn on what to fill it with. I'm looking to try a multi species tank with about 10-12 individuals of each species with an angel as my showpiece. Any suggestions? Thanks

That's a great size tank. You'll love it. Perfect for most anything. An angel or two or 3 will be beautiful center pieces, then look at stocking by levels. Like corys bottom, buenos Aires tetras middle and hatchet fish top; etc. Doesn't have to be those, but you get the idea. Stay away from any fish small enough to fit in an angels mouth, ie: neon tetras

I'm not fond of the concept of centerpiece fish. Most fish are happier with others of their kind. Two or three or more angelfish will be less aggressive than one, also. The angelfish will stay busy picking on each other and leave the other fish alone.

I'm not fond of the concept of centerpiece fish. Most fish are happier with others of their kind. Two or three or more angelfish will be less aggressive than one, also. The angelfish will stay busy picking on each other and leave the other fish alone.
Yeah, I agree, 3 would be better then stock the smaller schools of maybe just 6 each

I'm planning on getting a 75 gal tank in the next month or two but am torn on what to fill it with. I'm looking to try a multi species tank with about 10-12 individuals of each species with an angel as my showpiece. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'd love to have a 75g. Let me suggest Bleeding Heart Tetras. Very pretty, big enough not to be instant snacks for the angels, and (iirc) not fin nippers if kept in a shoal. :fish1:

Back
Top Bottom