New 75g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
All ready to slowly add more fish, needs adjusting with the decor?
Overall will be tetras(3 types), blue rams, plecos, and Cory's. Currently my 2 bleed heart tetra, 2 diamond tetra, and bn pleco seem to be very happy. (Haven't see the pleco who's 3" for 2 days but his wafer was eaten overnight and the tetras don't eat itso I'm sure he's found a new nest)
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20151022_130414.jpg
    IMG_20151022_130414.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20151022_130408.jpg
    IMG_20151022_130408.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 39
Tank looks nice. My personal preference is to use sand as a substrate. The fish seem to like it better and the detritus stays on top.

You can also try some live plants. Java fern and anubias will grow well attached to the driftwood.

German blue rams like warm water (80 degrees or higher). Tetras that do well at that temperature are cardinals and rummynoses (a personal favorite).

Lucky you to have that tank! I would suggest increasing the schooling fish numbers. They say at least 6, but with that size tank you could have 10 or 20 of a species. I have about 30 Cardinal tetras in my 55 gallon and they look impressive and act more natural too in larger numbers. Good luck and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Plan on having 5 bleeding heart, 7 diamond, and 9 or so rummynose. Whats in there is just from my old 10g. Love the tank, got a great deal. One of the first we did when We bought a big house, big tank.

Back
Top Bottom