Originally Posted by Monday60204
I put my fish into a smaller tank to do a water& gravel/substrate change. While I had my 5 gallon bucket filling up in the tub and I put in the new substrate, my daughter decided to put my body wash into the bucket.
It was only a little bit, I thought it was just bubbles from the water. Turns out itís still bubbly and it was from the body wash.
The filter was disconnected and put to the side.
Fish are safe but now I need to know how to get this out.
I read to rinse it out, clean with a water and bleach solution, and wipe it down. I feel like thatís too easy.
First of all you said you doing a gravel change. That will cause a nitrogen cycle in your tank. Mostly beneficial bacterias reside in substrate and filter.
About the soap, you need to wash it very carefully with hot water so no traces of soap left on gravels. I think that's the best you can do right now.