New "dwarf" pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I read many a post about the small, "bulldog" or "rubber nosed" pleco so Off to the LFS I go.

" So, how can I tell that it is a 'dwarf' pleco and not just a young, small regular pleco" says I, to the LFS.

"Because it came out of a tank labeled 'dwarf' pleco" says the LFS.

See? you learn something every day!

Attachments

• dsc00258.jpg
    dsc00258.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 156
Is that supposed to be a bulldog? Seems kinda dark. If it was labled a dwarf, perhaps it's a bristlenose.

Is that supposed to be a bulldog?
no, they didn't have any bulldogs. So they offered me this one, promising it would not get over 4 to 6 inches. "bulldogs are just another type of dwarf pleco" they said, "and this one will be just as good as any other." 2 minute into the tank and it has already scrubbed one rock of brown algae, and is working on the back glass now. Since it seems to be a good worker, I will overlook its pedigree :D

Attachments

• dsc00260.jpg
    dsc00260.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 211
  • pleco_upload.jpg
    pleco_upload.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 193
With your new pic, I can tell you for certain it is a bristlenose pleco. Very nice pleco indeed. (y)

With your new pic, I can tell you for certain it is a bristlenose pleco. Very nice pleco indeed.
Thank you! Does a bristlenose stay small? I learned my lesson the last time I had a tank. I had tinfoil barbs that were huge! Now I am trying to limit the larger inhabitants to 4 inches or so.

Back
Top Bottom