New era fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they are relatively new, so the jury might still be out. I got some free samples from them at an Aquarium trade show last fall... The pellets and the little "wheel of food". I wasn't super impressed with the ingredients. If I recall correctly, corn starch was the first or second thing listed.
Most of my fish ignore the food when I give it to them, but that's not uncommon when I try new food. My Corys seem to like it though.

Thanks that's strange. Maybe the samples were a bit different.

The mains ingredients on my cichlid tub is fish and fish derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, algae, molluscs and crustacean, oils and fats, minerals and vitamins.

I was on my phone at the time and didnt have it in front of me.

I have the "Tropical Pellets" and the first few ingredients are (in this order) Fish Meal, Cornstarch, Fish Oil, Krill and Dried Seaweed Meal.
Its my understanding that Fish Meal is typically ground up bones and scales. Not sure what Dried Seaweed Meal is though.

So there might be a difference between the type I have and the Cichlid formula, or perhaps they have changed what they use in the past several months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom