New layout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had the same layout going for nearly a year so I decided I needed a change. I hacked up a lot of my plants and changed everything around, but i still didn't quite like it, added in a large rock today because i thought the driftwood needed something to counterbalance it. I like it a lot better but I still think it could use something, I'm open so suggestions. Here's some shots in chronological order.

The original layout

Yesterday's layout

With rock

The pictures are a little dark to see well, but I think it looks way better in the final shot with the rock. I just keep moving stuff around till I get the look I want in my tanks, you've done a fine job!

Looks good. I like the space that the rock seems to give. More plants focused towards the center.

sorry about the darkness, my camera is really bad at taking full tank shots for some reason. Some areas are overbright and some are overdark. I need a new camera. lol

That sword looks really good there. Maybe the something it needs is a solid background, to make the plants stand out more?

yeah, maybe a nice solid black. I think it would help. It'd certainly help them stand out in the pictures. haha.

hehe, turning up the brightness gets rid of the dark spots, but then there are the bright spots that basically glow when you adjust brightness. My graduation party is coming up soon so I should get plenty of cash...maybe a new camera is in order?

You have alot of very healthy plants!

You might consider just thinning things a bit. It mostly just looks full. The layout itself seems good.

Back
Top Bottom