New light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found a light need to know more about T5-glo 48'' or can I just change the bulbs in mine for live plants

Are you asking if you can put a T5 bulb into a regular florescent outlet? If so, then no, you need a specific T5 fixture as the bulbs are a different size.

Ok so if I want to get a better lighting system I need to buy this T5 glo .... Is the $40 a good price

Can you include a link? It depends on the size and the brand.

Is it a single bulb? Those glo fixtures are overpriced IMO, but $40 isn't bad if its a 2 bulb unit. If it is a single bulb unit, it won't do much for you depending on the tank size, but if it is a 55g, a single t5ho would give you enough light for some low light stuff

Ok. I'd probably go for it then. That's not a bad price for a 2 bulb unit, assuming it functions properly. Make sure to test it out before you get it. You may also need to get new bulbs for it depending on how old those are. After a while (1-1.5 years) the bulbs need replaced.

I have a new 55 and am trying to find lighting for it. If I don't go with planted are LEDs worth it? If planted then t5s are the best way to go?

Back
Top Bottom