New Rainbow (right?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeBob

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody, found this guy at the LFS last night somebody brought him back when he outgrew his home. I call him Lucky the rescue rainbow, anybody know for sure what he is?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110813_150919.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110813_150919.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 69
JoeBob said:
Hey everybody, found this guy at the LFS last night somebody brought him back when he outgrew his home. I call him Lucky the rescue rainbow, anybody know for sure what he is?

He looks like an Australian Rainbow to me. What size tank is he in?

Unfortunately no, he was by himself in a tank of big angels. I used to have a small group of 5 turqouise/lake ktubus, but when my last angelfish pair mated, I got rid of them. I felt sorry for him, but now I wonder if my tank can accommodate a few more so he'll be happier.

Depending on how many and what fish you have 55G should be good for a school of 5-6 rainbows.

Depending on how many and what fish you have 55G should be good for a school of 5-6 rainbows.

Yeah I guess that would be helpful info wouldn't it? lol. I have two angels, 6 cherry barbs, one feather fin cat, and one albino pleco. Just to clarify one of the angels is pretty big (approx 3.5" body) and the featherfin cat is about 6". the pleco never grew longer than about 3" for some reason.

So NOW what do you think?

You should be ok for a school. BTW what type of pleco do you have?

Thanks Oscarr, I'm always scared about overstocking. I was hoping to put some blue rams in the tank, but can't get 'em in this area until at least October they tell me. That's okay rainbows are pretty too and nowhere near as finicky! My pleco is supposed to be an albino rubber lip, but his lip/mouth structure looks like any other pleco to me.

Tried to get a couple pics, but its from phone so not so great.

Attachments

• IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom