New tank ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so this going to be a conversation about a new tank that im going to get in about a month or so. I want 5.5 to 20 gallon tank. Im going to have live plants. Sand substrate and want to keep it looking natural.

Im open any ideas for all size tanks up to 20 gallons. I would like a lot of activity in the tank. So smaller and more colorful fish, plants, inverts are all great. I would like to keep the price below $200 (preferably $150). Any ideas are great. Thanks.

Do a shrimp tank they seem cool I'm in the process of setting one up right now. Live plants and depending on the size maybe some shrimp friendly fish.

I'd aim for a 20 long if I were you, or even a 12g long would be fun too. Lots of nano species would be great:

Celestial pearl danios
Emerald rasboras
Ember tetras
Clown killies
Least killies
Chili rasboras (or any other micro rasbora)
Green neon tetras
Pygmy or dwarf cories
Endlers
Scarlet badis
Sparkling gourami
Spotted blue eyed rainbows
Burmese rosey loaches
Pygmy sunfish

And plenty of red cherry shrimp!

Will this be a lowtech plant set up? Low/mid/high light or don't have a preference?

Yeah, a 20 long would be great. Easy to work in and plant. Easier to get good light because it's short. A great start to your multiple tank syndrome journey. LOL OS.

Probably medium light (high if i dont spend too much on it. I think the widest it can be is like 16 1/2 inches otherwise its blocking a window. And could you post pictures of these fish.

And I will build a Co2 system. It seems to work in my other tank

So far i have my mind set on the endlers and shrimp. What ells could go with those in a 20 gal. Im thinking 10 shrimp and 7 endlers

If you get both sexes of shrimp and endlers also remember that they'll quickly multiply. Give the shrimp plenty of cover as the babies will sometimes get picked off. Some Pygmy cories would be a nice addition too.

Could I get only male endlers. And I can still get another school of fish and a show piece fish. any Ideas.

Back
Top Bottom