New To Cannister Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings. Great forum!! I've been dabbleing in FW tanks for a few years. I've had my 46g up and running for the past two years. Lightly planted (a couple Hornworts, a couple Banana plants and a little floating not sure what it is.) I have 5 corries, 5 Harlequin Rasboras, 4 neon tetras, 3 Blackskirts, 3 Red Velvet swords. I always had HOB filters and had pretty good luck with them. During my last water change and impeller inspection I dropped my emperor 400 and cracked it. I'd been hedging toward a change to a cannister filter for a whileso I went to my local lfs and picked up an Eheim ecco 2236. Very easy to set up, dead quiet, and nice clear water. I've already made a short story long but my question is should I add a small HOB for aeration or something else or is the cannister enough by itself?

The cannister should give you all the circulation you need. I point my spray bar up slightly and I get I nice amount of surface movement.

Back
Top Bottom