Newbie here. . . need help ppplleeasssee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forget about you *hrmph* SOME of us have to sleep once in a while LOL

Ok, coupla suggestions:

Throw a new post into the planted forum for the substrate and which plants; some of the folks who have great suggestions may miss it in here. I do have a planted 10g; I don't even think I can list the diff plants LOL theres so many. I have 48 watts of light on the tank, my substrate is sand with laterite mixed in and I'll be adding a small CO2 generator soon.

As for what fishies..lessee...

I'm going to suggest avoiding guppies;; I get the feeling you don't have room a for lot more tanks and guppies breed like bunnies! You could go with one sex, but not as much fun. I'd avoid a betta only tank as well; you could only have one male in there anyway. He may go well with some of the following suggestions tho.

As for what would go nicely, maybe a small school of barbs (not the tiger or silver foil barbs, but one of the others). Or a small school of one of the smaller rasboras (like the harlequin). Or a small school of black skirt or glow light tetras (I'd avoid neons and cardinals; a lot of us have been having problems keeping them alive). Figure 5-6 for a school. I'd definitely do 3-4 corydoras as well; neat little bottom feeders and are loads of fun to watch. One of the smaller plecos might help with algae; a bushynose/bristlenose will only get 5-6 inches in length. Don't get one of the others...you may wind up with a 2 foot fish LOL

Oh, and nothing really eats poo (except snails and I suggest avoiding them). Thats what the siphon is for *grin* getting rid of poo is YOUR job. Yep..consider yourself a fish janitor ;)

I hear yas...i'm in the exact same situation with my apt....except I have 2 goldfish who are going to outgrow their tank within weeks (I seriously cannot believe how fast they've grown).

Did you check out that website?

Maybe you can start a new thread in the "Getting started" forum, about what kinds of fish will work well in a 10gall (and what kinds of plants)...I'd be willing to bet you'll get a ton of opinions LOL

Damn sweets LOL our timing is pretty close; we're only off by 3 mins this time LOL

I can't tell you two how much I appreciate you both. You have been wonderful in helping me with my aquarium. This forum is GREAT!!! I saw bio-spira advertised, and thought nothing of it. I came here to see what people really felt about the product. I can't wait. I just put some food in the empty tank so they can start off with a lil ammonia to eat until I get the fish in there, I put in two tetramin tabs, and some goldfish :cry: flake food. Hopefully that will get the ammonia going.

I'll try and post in the planted aq area in the next few days.

Also, is it better to plant b-4 fish, or after??

Back
Top Bottom