NitrexBox?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats for aerobic bacteria, the nitrex is for anaerobic bacteria to eliminate nitrate; supposedly.

Nitrate reduction media is not new.. Nitrex has been around for as long as I can remember. I never tried it back then
because of the extra plumbing if I remember right, it has a separate box.. Cell-Pore being newer and is carried by
one of the big boys now Kent Marine! That puts a little more credibility to a product in my mind.. not to mention
people on this board have used it with success, depending on the application...

Ok since we are on the subject of removing NO3...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=31994&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10
Algal Turf Scrubbers remove more then NO3... the remove dissolved proteins and those other bad nastys like
heavy metals and PO4 among other things! LOL!
Im doing some research into ATS with the help from a member of aquaria central (I pmed him over there to see
if he would help me do the research) the link to it is near the end of the above mentioned link.. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I know nitrate reducers have been around. They usually involve having to build some contraption or a bunch of plumbing crap I have no intrest in doing.

This caught my eye because of the box, and its really cheap. I was just wondering if anyone had used it, any pros cons.

Back
Top Bottom