No algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermazz9

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know why I would have no algae in my tank? Is this a good or bad sign? There is some browning on the plants but it could be that the plant is unhealthy. I also have a pleco but wouldn't I still see some signs of algae? I've had the tank for little over a month.

Not having algae is a good thing. I don't have it on any of my tanks, thankfully, either. Plants help eliminate algae because they compete for phosphates. The plants normally win, thus keeping the algae at bay. The browning of the plants, does it wipe off?

A few questions:

What size tank?
What is your wpg?

Your tank is still relatively young and since you have plant(s), it could be that the plants have outcompeted the algae for nutrients. Have no fear, you will see some form of algae sooner or later if your nutrients become unbalanced. You may even see some diatoms soon.

Oh, I wasn't complaining about having no algae, I just felt kinda...left out, reading all the posts about people with these major algae problems.

As for the questions, It's a 29g starter kit, so the lighting that came with it is crap, 17w, so that would make it... 0.6 WPG.

And no, I don't want you to send me any...ha ha ha...

Back
Top Bottom