Noisy ac 110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Truthfully, my aqueons are loud and i just hit em (as long as theres no fish in the tank) till there quiet XD. But when there are fish in the tank i just unplug and plug until its quiet or im sick of doing it. Try vassaline maybe. (Is it fish safe?) if it is then it may cause less friction with the motor and quiet it.

One of my 110s is really noisy. I've taken it apart and cleaned the impeller and everything still loud. Anyone have any tips?

I don't know what an ac is for a fish tank. If it is a mounted filter then raising the ware level should cancel most of the noise

My brand new ac 70 is pretty noisy. I may return it for a new one when we get some in. The aqueon 30 is just as loud to be honest

I wish someone would make an awesome hob. Not all can afford a nice canister or I would have an fx5 hooked up to this tank!

Ya ik!! I barely can afford the two canisters i have!! The stock media for the cascade sucks so that will def be customized when i get the money. The xp3 has sooo much room but i still havnt gotten around to customizing that either!

Ya ik!! I barely can afford the two canisters i have!! The stock media for the cascade sucks so that will def be customized when i get the money. The xp3 has sooo much room but i still havnt gotten around to customizing that either!

Haha! Well back on track! Maybe its time to replace your ac?

Truthfully, my aqueons are loud and i just hit em (as long as theres no fish in the tank) till there quiet XD. But when there are fish in the tank i just unplug and plug until its quiet or im sick of doing it. Try vassaline maybe. (Is it fish safe?) if it is then it may cause less friction with the motor and quiet it.

I thought about vasoline too, idk if its safe. I usually beat it but doesn't seem to change any thing.

Back
Top Bottom