Nuking tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ack

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a big (90 gallons?) tank and it has been unhealthy for a while now. I cleaned it out a while back, but unfortunately totally changing the water and rinsing everything doesn't seem to have done the trick.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but fish keep dying. The only ones who survive are some zebra danios. Maybe it's a virus or bacteria or parasite? (BTW the zebras are new since the last cleaning.)

I'm thinking that maybe I'll drain the tank and rinse everything (including plants and filter media) with a mild bleach solution.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Thanks!

Do you know your water parameters?

The last time I took a sample my lfs said they were out of most of the tests. I think he said the ph and nitrates looked fine, though. I'll try again and get back to you.

Thanks,

A

The last time I took a sample my lfs said they were out of most of the tests. I think he said the ph and nitrates looked fine, though. I'll try again and get back to you.

Thanks,

A

I would recommend buying the API test kit so you can test yourself. Being able to monitor your water parameters will help you significantly.

Did you cycle tour tank prior to adding fish? If not, that’s where you’ll need to start.

Back
Top Bottom