Off on holiday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wondering, would my fish be ok for 6 days without food? I have 2 options, either throw in the tetramin holiday food disks, or leave the fish to fast. I don't have timers on my lights so they'd be off for the 6 days too. (Plenty of daylight gets in though). Going to do a big 50% water change the evening before we go and feed them well in the morning. I'm just worried as I have 3 very aggressive yoyo loaches (who I can't catch to rehome) which I fear will attack the other fish if left unfed for too long (we have eyes missing on a few fish). It could potentially be carnage in there on our return. It's two tanks in total (66g community tank, and 40g fancy goldfish tank). Any tips, words of wisdom, advice, or suggestion most welcome.

You should be ok, throw in the discs, NORMAL weekly water change, and you should be good

Thanks, my usual water change is between 30-50% usually, so it'll just be the bigger end of a normal pwc. Cool beans.

I was gone for about a week once and I had 7 small to medium fish and I put the vacation disk in and when I came home it was all gone. Just make sure you do the water change and one when you get home just to clean up the remaining disk

Back
Top Bottom