Omega One fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

depdiver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone ever used Omega One natural protein formula flakes? I'm asking because in December my LFS was out of what I normally use and picked up a can of this. Within a couple of weeks my tank became cloudy and weekly 10% PWCs that I had been doing didn't seem to help. Now I've started to loose fish. Could if be the food?

Thanks,
Dep

Omega One fish food is good premium food. I feed it to my fish and sell it to my customers and no one has ever had a problem with it. Maybe something was changed or added about the same time you started feeding the Omega One? What are the specifics about your tank? What size? How long it's been going with fish?...test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH? How often and how much do you feed? How much and how often do you change the water? What type of filter do you have? These questions should be answered first before determining the cause of a common problem that has a variety of different causes.

I use omega one in a couple of my tanks...never had any problems with cloudiness. I've not specifically used the 'protein flakes' though.

I find 10% WC is a little on the low side, even though your tank isn't heavily stocked. I'd shoot for 25% changes, weekly.

Otherwise I agree with TCTfish, I don't think its the food directly...maybe if you're overfeeding, but otherwise I'd run the full spectrum of water tests.

I have Omega One SHrimp Pellets, Algea Pellets, Brine Shrimp, Shrimp, Bloodworms, Tubifex Worms, Veggie Flakes, Tropical Flakes, and African Cichlid Flakes and Have never had a problem with any of them. Yes I like to vary my fishes diets!

dang.. I have their algea waffers that I was using to feed my pleco (need to go get some cucumbers...)

Omega One is what all my fish get in some sort of variety. Even their freeze dried shrimp and tubifex worms make my fish apey! Omega One now also sells bloodworms. I think I have every type of Omega One fish food out their except for the goldfish food. It's great stuff!

grimlock,
I'm with you, I don't buy wardley's or tetra brand foods. Just because they've been making food forever, doesn't mean it's quality stuff.

hrm i use the bio-blend... im just a sucker for marineland products.. anything they make i buy it seems from bio-spira to the emperors

Yeah I am Behind MarineLand All the Way One Of The Bets Fish Porduct Makers out their. I perosnllay think that Tetra Wardley and Hilakria are cheap fish foods.
u couldnt pay me to feed my fish any of those brands.

JMHO

When I lived in oregon I used Omega one all the time. 5 years ago when I moved to Az I switched to Tetra only beacause I could'nt find Omega one. Then about 6 months ago I was at petsmart to get dogfood and walked through the aquatic section and saw Omega one. So all the food I give my fish is Omega One, Hikari amd San Francisco Bay brand

Back
Top Bottom