Omg please help asap with my shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium.girl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ghost shrimp and I was looking at her and realized that she has eggs! I am a beginner at having an aquarium and I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME! :(:confused:

Your fish might have an omelet later, or you might have a ton of baby shrimp. Google grass or plants for them to hide in, and baby food for them to eat. Prob just powdered flake food

Any fish in the tank? Ghost shrimp babies have a larval stage so it’s unlikely you’ll see many of any babies grow up unless you have the tank set up for them. (Sponge filter, no fish in the tank, availability of teeny food)

Any fish in the tank? Ghost shrimp babies have a larval stage so it’s unlikely you’ll see many of any babies grow up unless you have the tank set up for them. (Sponge filter, no fish in the tank, availability of teeny food)
I think in an earlier thread she said Molly's in there too

Yes. I have Mollies and teras in the tank, and I currently another get another tank. I have a fishbowl that I put the pregnant shrimp into, I don't have a heater so I've been putting warm water into the bowl every 1-2 hours.

Yes. I have Mollies and teras in the tank, and I currently another get another tank. I have a fishbowl that I put the pregnant shrimp into, I don't have a heater so I've been putting warm water into the bowl every 1-2 hours.

Stability even at room temperature would be better then a temp swinging around every few hours. And she will hold those eggs for weeks before they’re ready to hatch, just so you know, I doubt you want to be adding warm water every few hours for weeks. If you want to separate her and give the larva a chance you could use a breeding net inside the tank, so the water stays warm and filtered.

Back
Top Bottom