one oto..should I have two?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elle2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I originally bought two but one died. i actually didn't know they were schoolers. I have had the one for a number of weeks and he seems happy but if I should have two then I will definitely get another.

Get two more....it'll be fine.3 will make the school.

otos

They do seem to like to school at times. Ours will ignore each other for hours, then like cories, have a 'meeting'. lol

Yes the research I have done seems to be contradictory... but I don't want to take any chances... I love this little fish and want to keep him happy so if that means getting him some friends I will. I wanted to make sure though because he actually seems so happy I don't want to change that.

Getting more will probably mean sacrificing some other additions as I am probably getting very close to my bio-load limit... but I'm happy to do that to make my existing fish happy. I am worried about having enough algae though... I will definitely have to supplement I think because I also have a BN pleco and two mystery snails in a 20G. I'll go get them and try some zuchini.

I have one in my 10g...had 2 but the other died. And he has been living happily for a couple months. He still hangs out on the glass. I've been meaning to get another, but haven't gotten around to it.

My 3 in the 29g do hang out alot. They aren't always together though.

I don't think they are schoolers...more like shoalers (like cories). They don't necessarily swim around together (in a school), but they do enjoy the company of their own.

I would add another. They don't add much to the bio-load, so go for it. Feed them some algae wafers...mine love them! They even eat shrimp pellets every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom