Opaline gourami missing !?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay this makes no sense. My gourami is missing. She usually is up top swimming around following the angels! She is a good 3-4 inches so it's kinda hard for her to hide. I tried shining a light in all the "hiding spots" and didn't see her. Could my other fish have ate her!? She was bigger then most though! And no she didn't jump out. I have the following in my tank, angels, rams, firemouth ( baby ) lemon tetras , neon tetras , cories , and platties. Oh and 2 female bettas. I'm so lost :(((

This is really strange and would be hard to believe shes been eaten without trace. Did you look everywhere? do you have a lid on the tank?

Yes there is a lid and yes I did. She never hides though! She's always out in the open waiting for food :/

Could she have swam in one of the caves and got stuck??? I highly doubt that

well if shes nowhere to be seen, and i highly doubt shes been eaten its definitely a possibility, i would look harder.

My only guess is she got stuck in one of the tree roots. Which I have no way of knowing if she did or not :/

Attachments

• image-2848082420.jpg
    image-2848082420.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 139
is that all you have in the tank? look quite bare so she would be very easy to find. when did you last see her?

how many angels do you have? angel can kill gouramis but if the 4inch gour was the biggest fish in the tank, i cant see her being eaten with trace, try moving things around and look, take the tree root out and try and hold the holes up to a light to see through *but do it quickly in case shes in there and still alive*

Last edited:
Exactly! There really isn't that many hiding spots! I last seen her last night I believe?? I don't remember seeing her this morning. I have two angels. Here is my set up.

Attachments

• image-1782491197.jpg
    image-1782491197.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 159
Well theres more spots than i thought, why not take the décor out but leave in your plants. Your angels could of murdered her actually, especially if male and females paired, but she's definitely in there somewhere dead or alive, 2 angel and your community wouldn't be able to chomp a 4inch gour over night. Either way you need to find her as she is going to cause a ammonia spike in the tank if she's left dead to rot:(

Last edited:
Could she have died and then the fish ate off her body? My angels havent spawned ... That I know of. But they seem the be best friends always swimming around the tank

Maybe in the tree root? My sisters chubby goldfish got stuck in one of those. She had to take the stump out and bang on the bottom to get it unstuck :(

Is there a hole in the bottom of any of your decor ? When I first put a new rock in my tank my red tail shark, rainbow shark, angel fish, and pleco all went missing. I lifted up the rock and they all came flying out lol took that thing out permanently

Is there a hole in the bottom of any of your decor ? When I first put a new rock in my tank my red tail shark, rainbow shark, angel fish, and pleco all went missing. I lifted up the rock and they all came flying out lol took that thing out permanently

I mean there are sinking holes but I don't see how she could have gotten underneath the sand and up them? Lol

I'd be lifting each ornament out individually and seeing if she's stuck, or maybe just hiding. Like other's have said if she is dead this will throw off the water parameters if left.

Had to of gotten eaten. I lifted up the decor, nothing swam out ...

Well you'll know soon enough as the dreaded rot and an ammonia spike that will last a month will be coming if its trapped and dead, along with the stench:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom