ornaments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sara Crewe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am looking at ornaments for my tank and don't want the boring ones in my local pet store, so seeking fresh ideas.

Any advice on what is safe? My fish are freshwater and I am planning to include cichlids to the tank once setup.

Sara

I went with an balinese theme for our brackish tank. Two balinese dragon decorations that have air stones and a balinese lantern. All our other tanks are more natural looking.

Thats such a great idea! I am thinking about going for a buddhist theme-- i want to get a buddha ornament but am afraid to use the ones available in the market. My 4 ft tank has a 300 liters capacity. so the ornament is likely to be large. Am contemplating getting a stone or resin ornament.
How do I know it is safe?

If you buy it from a fish store, ask them if it is aquarium rated.

The dragons and the lantern I used are resin. I'm taking that you're not in the States since you said liters. (sorry no idea on the conversion) but you might be able to find something on ebay that's close to home. If you were in the states I could give you all kinds of links for resin tank decor.

yeah, am not in US, am in Sydney. am thinking about a buddha ornament and have been looking for a long time here in sydney, cant find it. if u see that on any site, pl let me know so I can order it if possible.

Sara

Back
Top Bottom