Oscar in Goldfish bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
micro worms do great in a goldfish bowl
and the difference between a bowl and a tank of the same size is the shape , bowls usually have a small opening at the top which has a much smaller oxygen exchange than a tank
they do have filters for bowls and mini heaters

Bowls also have a smaller capacity and therefore, water can become deadly much faster. Sure this is true with smaller tanks but they should have a filter if you have fish in the tank.

I was just at a big box store and this poor guy bought a Betta and a ten gal. He wanted a heater and they were trying to convince him that he needed all these different water purifiers and java moss balls and more fish I was like just no. I tried to talk to him but no luck. Then I told an employee about my tank and they go "oh well African cichlids are great community fish" and "a goldfish or two would do great with a few oscars and your fish". I had told her that I had guppies, cories, tetras and rams. I told her African cichlids are not appropriate for a community tank and goldfish are cold water. She told me I was nuts and should listen to her as she knew what she was doing! I did get in a plug for AA with a family trying to get oscars for a twenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was just at a big box store and this poor guy bought a Betta and a ten gal. He wanted a heater and they were trying to convince him that he needed all these different water purifiers and java moss balls and more fish I was like just no. I tried to talk to him but no luck. Then I told an employee about my tank and they go "oh well African cichlids are great community fish" and "a goldfish or two would do great with a few oscars and your fish". I had told her that I had guppies, cories, tetras and rams. I told her African cichlids are not appropriate for a community tank and goldfish are cold water. She told me I was nuts and should listen to her as she knew what she was doing! I did get in a plug for AA with a family trying to get oscars for a twenty.

I got so confused for a second cause you put the exact same post in "what have you seen at the fish store" thread... I think that's what it was called. I was like, did I click on the wrong thread or something? :)

Lol sorry I was venting

Back
Top Bottom