Oscar in Goldfish bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MICEY

Aquarium Advice Freak
can I keep an Adult Oscar in my 1 gal goldfish bowl , I don't have a filter or heater for it
But I was thinking of adding a common pleco to keep the water clean
maybe a snake-head to keep things carm

OF COURSE THIS IS A JOKE BUT PEOPLE PLEASE RESEARCH THE FISH YOU WANT BEFORE YOU GET THEM AND MAKE SHORE THEY FIT IN YOUR TANK AND ITS WATER CONDITIONS
TO MANY PEOPLE ARE BUYING BABY FISH THAT WILL NOT FIT IN THERE TANK
PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The most frustrating ones are the ones who just shrug you off and say "They're just fish, I'll buy another one" after you carefully explain why a goldfish in a bowl is doomed to a painful slow death. My boss is one of those :banghead:

I would think that would be fine. I'd add a Channel Catfish and a Sea Anemone to it also.

The most frustrating ones are the ones who just shrug you off and say "They're just fish, I'll buy another one" after you carefully explain why a goldfish in a bowl is doomed to a painful slow death. My boss is one of those :banghead:

I keep going to petsmart and showing the employees the pic from jlks Goldie sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those kinds of people make me extraordinarily angry, so much so that I had to take a step back and reassess before I posted a livid screed of hate here.

However, I can say, that after encountering an ignorant family at walmart who was irritated that the fish store wouldn't sell them a common pleco, explaining to them why a fish store would do that, and them shrugging it off as "just a fish", I spent an hour in the car afterward ranting to my poor fiance about it.

I was gonna say absolutely not and a goldfish doesn't belong in there either! A betta doesn't either in my opinion!

UGHHH that makes me soooo mad :'(

Those kinds of people make me extraordinarily angry, so much so that I had to take a step back and reassess before I posted a livid screed of hate here.

However, I can say, that after encountering an ignorant family at walmart who was irritated that the fish store wouldn't sell them a common pleco, explaining to them why a fish store would do that, and them shrugging it off as "just a fish", I spent an hour in the car afterward ranting to my poor fiance about it.

If it's just a fish, PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE A FISH. (Not directed at you of course).

That mentality makes me so mad.

Sorry to be random but yall seem like you know what you're talking about, check out my first post please. I need opinions on any changes that need to be made

I agree 100% that bettas don't belong in bowls. Really unless you want to have a planted shrimp setup, bowls shouldn't be used to house any living organism.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I keep daphnia in a bowl, im a monster.

But seriously what makes a bowl any different than a tank of equivalent volume? Apart from their shapes obviously.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Most people fail to recognize (apart from you and some others here, of course, jeta) that bowls need a filter and heater.

I almost had a mini fit... This is kind of brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom