Paging all Puffer People!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hey Puffer folks, anybody have a link to some good puffer sites? preferably FW puffers?

Just got a couple, and I need to read up some more on these guys, haven't found a good website on my own.

Thanks in advance,

CC

Tetraodon travancoricus,

That's the species I've got, for sure! Thanks much folks.

Looks as if I'll be smashing snails for them to eat on a regular basis. 5 planted tanks, that won't be a problem!

I'll have to give these guys a few months, make sure I still like them as much, but you may well have found a Puffer convert here!

I spent like 2 hours last night just watching them swim, explore, and hunt snails, very unique locomotion, eye movement, expression, all kinds of stuff I don't see in other fish. Already aggro little guys too!

I love to sit and watch my fig 8 hunt for snails. I'm trying to find some info on setups for raising snails myself. I don't really want snails in my other 55 gal tank right now. I figured with all the snails I have put in with my puffer a few would live and reproduce but no such luck he gets them all. I think I'm gonna get a 1 or 2 gallon tank kit and set up for the snails. So I will always have a good supply.

I think I'm gonna get a 1 or 2 gallon tank kit and set up for the snails. So I will always have a good supply.

good plan, small tank, some hornwort or another easy plant, feed the snails flake, and you will have all you need.

There is another thread going right now about starting a snail tank, and it is relatively easy to do, except it took me a while to get a crop going. If you want snails, they won't lay eggs, and if you don't want them, you can't get them to stop!

I think the fact that the puffers' eyes are facing forward and are not laterally placed makes them seem to have mammalian faces, or something, because I cannot resist them looking at me. I saw some real tiny baby dwarf puffers today at the new LFS ( :D :D :D ) so I might be adding to my small pack, if they'll tolerate new members. Maybe after quarrantine they will be big enough to hold their own, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom