Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Panacur C treatment

I have heard of using Panacur C and liquid goat dewormer to treat worms in the tank and Iím about to try one. Iím loaded with detritus worms. I canít stand seeing them and it grosses me out. Iím thinking of doing this, but have lots of mystery snails, fish, a bunch of catfish, and dwarf frogs. Iím obviously hoping to not kill them, but really want to rid my three tanks. I feel like if I move the snails I wonít completely rid the tanks because there may be some on the snails and then Iíd be just putting them back in the tank. Any thoughts, suggestions, or success stories. starving the tank just isnít working fast enough.

Thanks!!

Old 08-31-2022, 10:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome Bonster11, I have a thread about the liquid Goat de-wormer with Fenbendozole, did you already see it here?

I can dig it up if not. With the dosage in the thread I haven't had any issues.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

FW Favorites right now Clown Loaches, any shrimp - SW Vase Red Mangroves
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for replying!

I donít think I saw your other post about it. I did see someoneís on the panacur. Can you send me what you used and the instructions that have worked for you. Thanks Iím advance! I did purchased the Panacur and dosed the 20 gallon tank for two days but I canít say I see a big difference with it yet. I havenít done my 40 gallon yet. I have snails, frogs, and baby balloon mollies in that one so I want to be sure it works.

Thanks again,
Bonnie
Old 09-05-2022, 11:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It works with shrimp, and they are delicate. Never used with frogs, could maybe take them out to a separate location / tank while treating.

It is a light dose to be shrimp safe. But you could dose the 2nd time and probably a 3rd, if you still saw them moving. You would just need to multiply the amount for the size of tank you are treating.

All the details are included. You can ask any questions, and I can help if I have any additional details to add.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...nt-243568.html

Old 09-06-2022, 02:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Awesome!! Thanks so much!! My 5 gallon and 20 gallon seems good (no deaths) so far with the 1gram powder packet that I diluted in water. But, today is day 3 I can’t say I’ve noticed much difference. I may need to get the goat one that I don’t need to dilute. I really appreciate you forwarding your instructions to me . I’m definitely an over feeder and am working on getting better!
Old 09-06-2022, 04:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I just cleaned my 40 gallon and have some form of leech in it! ���� I’m guessing I’m going to have to treat that tank sooner rather than later!
Old 09-08-2022, 11:32 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Ah, not unusual. Could be Planaria.

Tags
eat, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com