Panda corys are my favorite cory ever!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
okay my pandas they are tight schoolers, their not nocternal. my melaneus they hide all day and they dont school that much. pandas are cuter, melaneus are cute but lil big.

which corys do you like and why? pros/cons

I just have regular run of the mill albino corys, and I think they are really cool! They school together, come to the same spot every night for their shrimp pellets. They mingle with the pleco. They are cool!

I only have one albino, Im going to get one or two more so he has some buddies, but I am also thinking of getting some pandas too. They are very cute!!

I have 6 c. bilineatus. Bought them few weeks ago and they surprised me by spawning a week after I bought them. Now they spawned the second time in 29g where they were placed after qt for 3 weeks and as of Sunday we have wigglers in the net, eggs hatched!
I also have 4 cory trilineatus (looks very similar to cory Julii), but can not get them to breed somehow.
I do not count a small cleaning army of Otos. These are nocturnal and do not see them till lights out.
I do like cory cats, I might convert 29g to cory only. Next I am going to get are Sterbai.

I have 2 pandas, 2 big duplics and 2 sterbai. From looks alone, I think the sterbais are cutest. But my pandas are the friendliest - when i am cleaning the tank and have my hands down near the gravel they come over and swim in circles aroung my hands - its cute. but the duplics just look so cool because they are so big compared to the others. they are about the same length as my gold gouramis and sometimes the duplics get way up near the top and swim in the current with the red tails, and the gouramis move away thinking they are too big to mess with... :D

(but my gouramis are pretty nice to everyone.. they are not aggressive at alll...but they do hang out in the same spot like they own it, until the duplics come along and 'encouage' a temp relocation .... ):p

Back
Top Bottom