Parrots @ Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bengalyork

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just happened to stroll through walmart today and seen that they had sweetheart parrots, I noticed they resembled my blood parrots. I was wondering what's the differnce, are they dyed?

I saw those here too. I dont know anything about freshwater but my wife wants to get one. I just don't trust walmart.

I believe they are died and the worst part is they cut off their tails I would suggest you not support the act.

Ya, It gets pretty bad. They think that it will make people buy the fish, which it does. And 1 of 2 things happen, #1 they die within a month or 2, or #2 they go back to there color before they were dyed and people get upset and they end up living a horrible painful life.

Ya, It gets pretty bad. They think that it will make people buy the fish, which it does. And 1 of 2 things happen, #1 they die within a month or 2, or #2 they go back to there color before they were dyed and people get upset and they end up living a horrible painful life.
Sadly that is very true I wish people would realize that just because it's a lowly fish doesn't mean it should be tortured to the edge of death being dyed and then have their tail lopped off to make it "cute". No pet deserves that kind of torture if someone did that to say my bulldog the authorities would have a blood bath on there hands.

I hate the idea of a fish being dyed, walmart in general is a bad place for fish there is always at least 3 or 4 dead fish sucked to the filter in every tank

To my knowledge, the fish have their tails cut off. I've seen articles/vids about it detailing the process.

Blood Parrot, Bloody Parrot, Blood Parrotfish, Jellybean Parrot, Hybrid
I found this, it says its a natural deformity to not have the tail.
Maybe walmart just saved face?
I could not find that in the link. I know that least a portion of them have the tail physically removed. Even if the tail was a naturally tailless variety I believe it would have a lower quality of life and there is still the matter of the dying. It wouldn't be the first time walmart back tracked trying to save face.

Back
Top Bottom