Picts Catfish Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. How many do I need to keep them happy? I heard like 3+

2. How big of a tank do I need? I have heard 55 and 70

3. Are they easy to keep? Any specific requirements?

4. Temperature range?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

4. Temperature range?

1. The more the merrier.

2. 55 is fine but the bigger the better.

3. Pretty easy to please. Don't keep nano fish or they will be food. Not picky eaters at all.

4. 75-81

Only other thing important about them specifically is DO NOT catch them with a net. Their long whiskers can very easily get caught in nets. Using some other container is highly recommended.

Caleb

Last edited:

4. Temperature range?

1. 5+ the reason for is they can be territorial as they age a large group will disperse aggression and it will make them a lot less reclusive and more active as school

2. 75 if you plan on keeping a group of 5

3. Like what was already said, Do not catch them in nets as they have spikes in their pectoral and dorsal fins (they hurt quite a bit, if you get stung) also they are scale-less fish like almost every other catfish, so they are sensitive to some medicine (do not use aquarium salt to treat them). Like most pims they are claustrophobic so do not keep them in narrow tanks where their barbles touch the sides of the tank, but generally a hardy fish as long as you have the room for they high levels of activity (as long as they are kept in a school) and keep up on weekly water changes, though that kind of goes with out saying

4. 24-28C (75-82F)

Back
Top Bottom