plastic lawn question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
anyone have any experience with this type of fake plastic plants? they sell them in kind of squar blocks to create a lawn effect in your tank? are plastic plants ok for all types of fish?

I think I know what you are talking about, we had one in our 150 gal tank. The fish LOVED it. The only bad thing about them is that fish waste gets trapped under it so you need to make sure you do a good gravel vac on it when doing water changes. But besides that they are pretty cool. Plastic plants are ok for fish, except for Bettas because of their long flowing fins can be torn.

I notice about that the waste is going to get under it so I was thinking to place the plant first then the grave so try to not make room to get under it.

As long as you do gravel vacs regularly you shouldn't have any issues. Also, about once a month or two take it out and clean under it compeltly. I noticed that it was pretty much the location of almost ALL of the fish waste.

I do vac once a week sometimes twice a week with my reg water changes.

Back
Top Bottom