Platy breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a large female in a breeding net, just acquired her today. How long should she be in the net if she does not go into labor? I also have 2 other females with a male in the tank which is a ten gallon breeder which is cycled. I picked this female from my lfs cuz she is plump

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll try and get some pics of my breeding tank. Also I have a really small female who's rounding around the belly but with her it's so hard to notice a gravid spot but she is rather "round"

breeder nets really stress a fish out and sometimes it makes them hold on to the fry or release them too soon. your better off buying another 10 gallon and buy a bunch of fake plants to completely cover the tank

BrackAttack said:
breeder nets really stress a fish out and sometimes it makes them hold on to the fry or release them too soon. your better off buying another 10 gallon and buy a bunch of fake plants to completely cover the tank

That seems to really work for me.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom