Platy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you in the middle of cycling? You need to get that ammonia of out there asap. It's good your nitrites are lower too so once you get those out nitrates should develop. He possibly could of caught something cause of the ammonia. It can cause stress and break down his immune system and he's more open to diseases. I know my old platy got an internal parasite. It was an ectoworm I believe. Check towards his/her stomach and let me know. Pictures would be nice too. But that ammonia needs to go. A 30-50% water change maybe daily for the rest of the week should do the trick. Keep me updated man

The tank should be fully cycled it's been running for about a month with an established filter ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424796557.851228.jpg I've noticed he goes to the top a lot could he need more air? I have an air stone in but it's not turned up very much

Sent from peliper

That's all up to you. I think he could make through it with proper care. You just have to keep an eye on him and hopefully that ammonia in there was the only problem. Keep me updated and try to post more photos

Is he the only one in the tank acting Like that? Is there any other bigger fish that I should be aware of?

I let him go whale I was at work and when I came home he can't swim all he does is take off to the top and sink like a lead weight it looks like his body is bent a little bit ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424828035.262401.jpg

Sent from peliper

I've never heard of cucumbers working for that, I've only heard of peas. But then again, I've only ever used peas...

I put a couple in with him and he seems to not want it right now I put a couple with the others and they love it tho. Hopefully he eats some soon

Sent from peliper

Back
Top Bottom