Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok we'll I have an older model aqua clear 300 that's rated for 40-70 gallons and its on my 29 gallon. Lately when I unplug it it wonte turn on when I plug it back in. And ie noticed the motor has run super hot. There isn't anything in it that I can see. Does anyone know what can be causing this.

Ok we'll I have an older model aqua clear 300 that's rated for 40-70 gallons and its on my 29 gallon. Lately when I unplug it it wonte turn on when I plug it back in. And ie noticed the motor has run super hot. There isn't anything in it that I can see. Does anyone know what can be causing this.

You need to clean the filter I'm guessing. I have a fluval and that's what Mine does. I just give it a clean and it works again.

your in luck, I have an ac300 too! So it's probs an abundance of fish gunk and snails etc... So what you should do it take the bio filter an float it in your tank or water from your tank so not to kill the bacteria. Basically go to a sink or tub or outside an take apart your filter. There is an area where the motor is that, once you empty the water out, should be able to be unscrewed slightly and pull it out( in photo). Then u can use a q-tip to clean the impeller and get all that stuff off it or even rinse out the motor really good. You'll be surprised by the gunk in it! Then you just screw it back in and put everything back together and put he water in and begin filtering! It also wouldn't hurt to clean your intake tube with a new tooth brush or a pipe cleaner. If you need any extra help just ask, goodluck and hope this helped!

your in luck, I have an ac300 too! So it's probs an abundance of fish gunk and snails etc... So what you should do it take the bio filter an float it in your tank or water from your tank so not to kill the bacteria. Basically go to a sink or tub or outside an take apart your filter. There is an area where the motor is that, once you empty the water out, should be able to be unscrewed slightly and pull it out( in photo). Then u can use a q-tip to clean the impeller and get all that stuff off it or even rinse out the motor really good. You'll be surprised by the gunk in it! Then you just screw it back in and put everything back together and put he water in and begin filtering! It also wouldn't hurt to clean your intake tube with a new tooth brush or a pipe cleaner. If you need any extra help just ask, goodluck and hope this helped!
oops forgot the photo. Here is the thing you an take off

image-579815151.jpg

Ive had this issue before as well. I dont think it is fish gunk as mine did it when it was pretty new. Ive noticed aquaclear has some quality control issues to be honest. Just have to wait until it decides to work or buy a replacement impeller on amazon or something.

Back
Top Bottom