Pleco ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommytron

Aquarium Advice Addict
My husband (with my OK) brought this home from the LFS for our 55g tank today... it was sold to him as a sailfin pleco.... is it so? If it is, I may need to rehome this thing....or invest in a bigger tank :lol: A little help here?? TIA :flowers:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 118
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 100
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 86
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Pretty big fin but I'm pretty sure sailfin are more spotted then those stripe/spotty markings

if it's not a sailfin pleco what could it be? here's a couple more pics

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 96
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Not really sure there is so many different types of plecos, here's a sailfin pleco though

Attachments

• image-1876818316.jpg
    image-1876818316.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 104
8 ottos, 12 tetras (mix of cardinals, black neons, and one glowlight), and a bunch of MTS. it's a 55g planted.

L001 and L022 are the same i think. i think it's that as well. and i feel like my entire tank is a centerpiece :) i do plan on adding some more tetras, however. we've only got one glowlight so we'd like to get him some groupies :D

Yeah, glowlights are awesome. And even if the plecos aren't the same, they're similar enough.

im almost positive it's not a sailfin pleco. i've looked at so many pictures and the markings are different. it's an L001 or L022 (same thing) i'm pretty sure. looks just the same.

Back
Top Bottom