Pleco ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. My friends got a fish tank from some acquaintences who are moving--nice 46 gallon bowfront set up--which came with a pleco. I can't tell if it's a really beat up common, or another species. The tail is really throwing me off. Any ideas?

ForumRunner_20120729_235031.jpg

ForumRunner_20120729_235050.jpg

ForumRunner_20120729_235102.jpg

Yeah. Make sure you get him into some clean water right away. I like using API Stress Coat, just because it's supposed to help heal fins and calm fish, and it usually does the trick with me, but maybe that's just because I try to keep my water as clean as possible, and that's what heals it.

Or, if you don't want to keep him, find someone who will have an aquarium at least 125 gallons or bigger. He's had a tough time, it looks like, he deserves a quiet home for the rest of his fishy life. :flowers:

Thanks guys. :) I'm going to talk to my fish store about taking him then. She's pretty good with rescue type situations.

Tank came with a magnum 350 filter--with media still in water--, heater, top, and light, plus some decor, most of which is getting tossed (it was a freshwater seascape with blue and green gravel..has a nice piece of limestone though). My friends like my planted tank so I'm mostly in charge of this project. My orders are to" make it pretty" Lol. This'll be fun. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom