Pleco Identification Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a common, you breed commons??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nope.

He cant be a common, my friend had him nearly a year and he gre 1/2 inch if that. If he was a common he'd be bigger surely?

He is a sailfin (gibbiceps) pleco. There's your answer, as I have stated a half dozen times.

How on earth would your friend, who has clown puke gravel with a fake submarine come across some rare species that is able to breed with a BNP, but looks ABSOLUTELY nothing like any of the bristlenose species I have ever seen? And the expert that Gillie was speaking of, well I know him as well and he bred several BNP species, as well as true zebras, leopard cactus, King tiger, leopard frog, etc etc...her more than likely tell you the same exact thing that everyone else has said. Your friend either bought them, or had a friend/family member that did and put them in without telling anyone. Just like Gillie said, this is a waste of time....you'll only hear what you want to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nope.

He cant be a common, my friend had him nearly a year and he gre 1/2 inch if that. If he was a common he'd be bigger surely?

Why the heck are you trying to lecture these people, who know a ton on this topic with years of their own experience as well as what they have learned from others??? You cant say "nope, not this, obviously" when the while point of this thread was to see what it was? You don't know about the fish and your friend doesn't either. Someone is either pulling your leg and doing a great job, or you are trying to troll us and not doing so good at it. You really should try to listen to what people are saying and if you want to try to prove different, find some evidence instead of reposting pictures and basing all your opinions on what you think could possibly happen...

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Can I just say that I enjoyed reading this because it made me lol a few times. I just wanted to point out that the best part is that one of the "Babies" is a golden nugget it looks every bit like one and if I know anything about plecos is that 99% of them in the same species look 99% the same.

Back
Top Bottom