Pregnant or Sick???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I made a post a few days ago in the "Unhealthy Fish" section because I thought my zebra danio had a sunken stomach. The more I look though it might be a bump that is making it look sunken.

Can anyone tell me if this fish might be pregnant or if you think it is sick?

AFGPr04.jpg

6 days ago the algae eater died but did not look like this or act different at all before that. That's when I noticed the zebra danio. The next day I put him in his own 3 gallon tank and added salt to both tanks and melafix. The water conditions are perfect and have been for a long time except PH which has always been about 7.7. This fish and my other zebra danio are both 2 years old. Also his tail is upturned a bit and either the front end of him is being weighed down or the tail is pulling him up.

Can anyone tell me is it sick or is it pregnant? And if it is sick should I put it down? I don't want to make that mistake if it's just pregnant or if it's something that can be fixed.

Thanks.

Looks like a growth. A gravid fish looks much healthier and fat.

Test your water.

I would do a large partial water change 50% if you're having sick fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a growth. A gravid fish looks much healthier and fat.

Test your water.

I would do a large partial water change 50% if you're having sick fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi. I do a %50 water change twice a week. I tested the water it is perfect. That is the only fish that is sick so far the others look good he is in his own tank next to the main one now.

Back
Top Bottom