puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxysaving

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two puffers o e green spotted and my pig nose which I have included a photi my spotted won't sit still lo g enoigh to get a dec pic lol I was wonderin if they would be fine In my 10 gal?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131106_143705.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131106_143705.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
The puffer you have is the arrowhead, they are the most aggressive and predatory of the puffers. They can go in 29 gallons but 10 is too small even though they do have a very low activity level. They need 29 gallons with a very very deep sand substrate.

I'm afraid the arrowhead and pignose are prettyich identical I'm assumin one or the other is just a sub species lol I looked into it before purchasing him :) the pet owner and I had it out about my green striped puffer to which was sold to me as a green spotted but he's really some sort of amazon puffer or so I've read tgo it wouldn't surprise me with this pet shop guy if I did actually purchase an arrowhead instead of a pig nose as I was told he was

I'm afraid the arrowhead and pignose are prettyich identical I'm assumin one or the other is just a sub species lol I looked into it before purchasing him :) the pet owner and I had it out about my green striped puffer to which was sold to me as a green spotted but he's really some sort of amazon puffer or so I've read tgo it wouldn't surprise me with this pet shop guy if I did actually purchase an arrowhead instead of a pig nose as I was told he was
yes arrowhead and pig nose are the same puffers just different names they're sold under. I was just saying the name that I always call them!

Ah okay :) I didbt relize that these r the first puffers I've ever owned besides my porcupine lol

Back
Top Bottom