Purigen dechloronator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
In the instructions it says to soak in water and dechlorinator after bleach. I have two different conditioners that remove chlorine, would either of these work?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416155070651.jpg
    1416155070651.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 46
I wouldn't use anything but prime, i leave it in a heavy prime bath for 4 days, bleach makes me nervous at that concentration, after the bleach soak I rinse and shake with warm water a few times than prime soak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't use anything but prime, i leave it in a heavy prime bath for 4 days, bleach makes me nervous at that concentration, after the bleach soak I rinse and shake with warm water a few times than prime soak.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was just reading the purigen bottle at the store, I think it warned against using anything with slime coat helpers.

I don't know if prime has those. But for the money I would get a bottle of plain dechlorinator with no other ingredients in it, and use a huge dose of that. Plain plain dechlorinator is cheap.

And effective. I use it often after heavy bleach use. Even put it in the laundry once to get rid of the smell after bleaching :)

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Prime is perfectly fine, wouldn't dream if using anything else..

I use prime when recharging my Purigen as well. I was very paranoid about the bleach but after excessive rinsing/prime baths, I've yet to see an issue after about a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom