Putting a large tank on carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got the email that my 225 gallon will be shipped out 9/30. It's acrylic, so it's not insanely heavy, but still very heavy when filled. It'll be going on carpet, underneath of which is slab. Would it be best to put something underneath? I was thinking some type of rubber mat with a lip just for any spilt water, I just haven't had luck finding one in the size I need. Would you put anything else under the stand, plywood or anything?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I just got the email that my 225 gallon will be shipped out 9/30. It's acrylic, so it's not insanely heavy, but still very heavy when filled. It'll be going on carpet, underneath of which is slab. Would it be best to put something underneath? I was thinking some type of rubber mat with a lip just for any spilt water, I just haven't had luck finding one in the size I need. Would you put anything else under the stand, plywood or anything?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
It's going on a stand yes? Because it's going to be a ton pressed down on your floor. The only concerns are will the carpet dry and will the carpet be salvageable later? Beyond that I wouldn't be too worried.

But don't consider it not being insanely heavy. Some production cars will be lighter lol.

Back
Top Bottom