Question about my PWC's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chak1080

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have the knock off Python, I think it’s made by Aqueon. Anyhow when I change water I turn off the filter (hang on the back, powerfilter) and siphon the water out with the python. When refilling I turn the valve and let the clean water run in the sink for a minute, then fill my tank. Then I add AmQuel to remove the ammonia/chlorine in my tap water. My question is should I add the ammonia/chlorine remover before I add tap water or after? I guess I’m just afraid I’m killing the bacteria in the tank, or stressing the fish by having Chlorine in the water for a short amount of time.

I slowly add my dechlorinator as I'm filling the tank. Most of the bacteria that could be harmed by the chlorine is in your filter, so by having that turned off during the process you're keeping most of it safe.

i add most before i start filling, and then slowly add in the rest periodically troughout the remainder.. been working good for a few months..lol

Back
Top Bottom