Question about ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shortyusa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello i have a quick question regarding the fish that im going to be adding to my 55 gallon tank and the ph of my water. I just want to make sure that all of these fish will be ok.

1 rainbow shark
15 tiger barbs
5 Black Ruby Barbs

and if the filter can handle it 10 rummynose tetras

My ph seems to be either 7.8 or pushing close to 8 cant really tell between the colors.

I have a couple of tiger barbs in a 10 gallon waiting for the 55 to cycle and the seems to be fine, but im worried that the other fish wont be ok with that pH

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Stability is the important factor, not the specific number in most cases. Properly acclimated, they should be fine. Instead of rummies, I'd recommend a bottom feeder (probably loaches) though. JMO.

GL, sounds like a neat tank.

The Rummynose will survive in a higher ph but not prosper. They won't show their true color. They do best in a soft water, lower ph, planted tank. Like was previously said the specific ph value is not real critical as long as conditions are consistent.

Reactions: HN1
I have rummynose going on three weeks in an 8 ph. They don't have their color but they are still staying hid. Sometimes when I turn the light on I can tell their faces were more red....

I have rummynose going on three weeks in an 8 ph. They don't have their color but they are still staying hid. Sometimes when I turn the light on I can tell their faces were more red....

That stinks that their color isn't showing...they look so good with that red nose..

I have a 10 inch piece of drift wood I think I'm gonna out in the tank maybe that will be able to lower the ph..it really isn't that big tho

Just hope I can them looking good

Shortyusa said:
That stinks that their color isn't showing...they look so good with that red nose..

I have a 10 inch piece of drift wood I think I'm gonna out in the tank maybe that will be able to lower the ph..it really isn't that big tho

Just hope I can them looking good

I added 2 zebra danios ( I know the rules about danios ) and I think they are
Helping the rummynose come out more and I'm noticing more red on and off. I am just going to give them more time. I think they are going to brighten up soon

I added 2 zebra danios ( I know the rules about danios ) and I think they are
Helping the rummynose come out more and I'm noticing more red on and off. I am just going to give them more time. I think they are going to brighten up soon

What's the rules for danios?

Back
Top Bottom